Subject to the limitations set forth below, for a period of 36 months from the date of completion of the work described on the front of your contract, Brownlow & Sons company will repair peeling, blistering or chipping paint resulting from defective workmanship. For warranty service call our office at 770.977.8404 or contact us by email at email@example.com
For this warranty to be valid, you must:
- Pay the full contract price.
- Retain a copy of the original contract.
- Retain a copy of your cancelled check or other evidence of payment in full.
- Pay for all materials used to perform the repairs.
- Make the property accessible to the Contractor, or his employees, to perform the repairs.
This limited warranty does not cover:
- Any work where the Contractor did not supply the paint or the materials.
- Any work which was not performed by the Contractor.
- Varnished surfaces.
- Surfaces made of, or containing, galvanized metal.
- The cost of paint required to perform the repairs.
- Repairs to the horizontal surfaces or any surface that, by virtue of its design permits moisture to collect. Surfaces include, but are not limited to, decks, railings, stairs, porches, roofs and wood gutters.
- Exact paint match as environmental conditions will affect the color and finish of all paints over time.
- Any repairs which are necessitated as a result of a defect in the paint regardless of whether the paint was supplied by the Contractor or the customer.
- Bleeding caused by knots, rust or cedar.
- Cracks in drywall, plaster or wood.
- Peeling, blistering or chipping where they are caused by:
- mill-glazing from smooth cedar.
- ordinary wear and tear.
- abnormal use or misue
- peeling of layers of paint existing prior to the work performed by the Contractor.
- structural defects.
- settling or movement.
- moisture content of the substrate.
- abrasion, mechanical damage, abrasive cleaning, abuse, or damage resulting from the use of chemicals or cleaning agents or exposure to harmful solids, liquids or gases.
- damage or defects caused in whole or in part by reason of fire, explosion, flood, extreme weather conditions, misuse, alterations, abuse, vandalism, negligence, or any other similar causes beyond the control of the Contractor.
Repairs under this limited warranty will be performed only on the specific areas where peeling, blistering or chipping has occurred and only to the level of surface preparation described in the preparation section of this contract.
This limited warranty is only the express warranty made by the Contractor and is in lieu of all other warranties, express or implied. This warranty covers only those services provided by the Contractor to the original purchaser named on the front of this contract. In no event shall the contractor be liable for incidental or consequential damages or damages in excess of the original contract price. This warranty may not be altered or extended for any purpose unless done so in writing in a document executed by all parties to this contract.